It’s always a good time to support black-owned businesses, and in Cincinnati, it’s something easy to do.
There’s no shortage of black-owned restaurants here. You can try desserts, soul food, health-conscious sandwiches and African Halal.
This year’s Black History Month is themed “African Americans and the Vote” to celebrate the 15th Amendment, which gave African American men the right to vote.
Here’s a chance to vote with your dollars and support some local businesses and celebrate black history in the city of Cincinnati.
The Enquirer compiled a list of some of Cincinnati’s black-owned businesses to check out. Email email@example.com if you have a restaurant to add:
- Agape Cafe – 4301 Whetsel Ave., Madisonville. Open Tuesday-Saturday
- Alabama Que – 2733 Short Vine St., Corryville. Open Monday-Saturday
- Aunt Flora’s – Northgate Mall food court, 9501 Colerain Ave., Colerain Township. 513-227-7938.
- Black Coffee – 824 Elm St., Downtown. Open Monday-Saturday
- Cakes by Sugar – 6 W. 14th St., Over-the-Rhine. Open Friday-Saturday
- Conscious Kitchen – 2912 Short Vine St., Corryville. Open Monday-Saturday
- COPA –1133 Sycamore St., Suite B, Over-the-Rhine.
- Crown’s Kitchen – 412 Glenmore Ave., Cheviot. Open Monday-Saturday
- Darou Salam Restaurant – 4163 Hamilton Ave., Northside. Open Monday-Sunday
- Gee’s Caribbean Style – 9163 Pippin Road, Groesbeck. Open Monday-Sunday
- Express Wings –7617 Reading Road, Roselawn. Open Monday-Saturday
- Goodies – 7440 Hamilton Ave., Mount Healthy. Open Monday-Saturday
- Island Frydays – 2826 Short Vine St., Corryville. Open Monday-Saturday
- Jazzy Sweets Bakery – 1006 E. McMillan St., Walnut Hills. Open Wednesday-Saturday
- Jewell’s Soul Food – 2728 Beekman St., English Woods. Open Tuesday-Saturday.
- Just Q’in– 975 E. McMillan St., Walnut Hills. Open Monday-Saturday
- K&J Seafood – 2516 Clifton Ave., Clifton Heights. Open Tuesday-Saturday
- Mango’s Tropical Oasis –7121 Dixie Highway, Fairfield. Open Monday-Sunday
- Millie’s Place – 5923 Madison Road, Madisonville. Open Sunday-Friday
- Ollie’s Trolley – 1607 Central Ave., West End. Open Monday-Saturday
- Rasheedah’s Cafe – 5922 Hamilton Ave., College Hill. Open Wednesday-Sunday
- Sweet Petit Desserts – 1426 Race St., Over-the-Rhine. Open Wednesday-Saturday
- Sweets and Meats BBQ – 2249 Beechmont Ave., Suite B, Mount Washington. Open Wednesday-Sunday
- Talis Southern Bar and Grill – 5579 Ohio 741 (Kings Mills Road), Mason. Open Monday-Sunday
- Teranga Restaurant – 8438 Vine St., Hartwell. Open Monday-Sunday