When the president was given a commemorative jersey he replied, “I love those short sleeves, such beautiful arms.”
On April 29, Baylor’s women’s basketball team, who defeated Notre Dame to take home the NCAA Division I Championship title earlier this month, entered the State Dining Room to find a buffet of burgers, sandwiches and nuggets from Wendy’s, McDonald’s, Chick-fil-A and Burger King.
Earlier this year, Trump served a similar spread to the Clemson football team after their national championship win. However, in that instance, press secretary Sarah Sanders blamed the poor food selection on Democrats, saying:
“The president wanted to host a fun event to celebrate the College Football National Champion Clemson Tigers. Because the Democrats refuse to negotiate on border security, much of the residence staff at the White House is furloughed — so the president is personally paying for the event to be catered with some of everyone’s favorite fast foods,” Sanders said at the time.
Now that the government shutdown is over and the White House chef is seemingly back at work, no one knows why fast food was served yet again.
- The Baylor Lady Bears acted with poise and grace, despite being fed the basic meal
- Meanwhile, people on Twitter expressed enough dissatisfaction with the meal and the president to cover every player on the team
- While the team met with the president in the Oval Office, Trump congratulated the team on their close match with Notre Dame.
“It was a thrilling victory that people will be talking about for many, many more years to come,” Trump said.
“You’ve left an enduring mark on college basketball history,” he added.
Then when it came time for the team’s coach to give Trump a commemorative Baylor jersey, he couldn’t help but say something “cringey.”
- “You know, I love those short sleeves. Such beautiful arms. Great definition.”
- At one point during the exchange, Trump praised head coach Kim Mulkey, who has coached Baylor since 2000, by offering a job at the White House.
“Would you like to work at the White House, by any chance?” Trump joked.
“No,” Mulkey instantly replied.